Friday, September 24, 2010

How I Handle Stress

People ask me how I will handle the stress/mess of two more kids.  The answer is that I can handle it fine, because I'm an idiot.

Before you protest, you must hear me out:  I laid in bed for nine full minutes this morning before I remembered we are flying to Ukraine today.

How can this be?  NOT ONLY are there suitcases/clothes all over the floor,  a pile of junk on my dresser and a list that I left on the nightstand -just in case I thought of something through the night (AS IF),  but also, Bill works from home.  We moved his office into our bedroom because we're going give the fourth bedroom to the new boys.  We moved it last night.  He works on THREE computer screens -two computers and a third, extra large screen-- screens that now live about ten feet from my head.  How can it be that I would wake up, look over, see him working in our room, mull over how thankful I am to have him home and not make the connection for nine full minutes (until I FINALLY REMEMBER) that he's working in our bedroom because we are taking the family to Ukraine today!

I just don't know.

Well, no use mulling it over....I think everything is pretty much set.  We're half packed, the house is a complete wreck and we have tons to do before we leave later this afternoon.  But my heart is completely at rest because we are taking the kids with us and everything else is just details.  THANK YOU GOD that my husband didn't mind taking them along.  Their plane tickets were painfully expensive, but he didn't blink an eye....(I cried, of course. Money gone is money gone forever...sniff).   And, now we have a load of books, school books, electronics and STUFF to carry, but, no one has complained even once...YET. 



2 comments:

  1. The girls had a BLAST painting pictures for the boys new room! Thanks for letting yours out of school to play one last time. As I type this my children are sitting on the front porch staring forlornly at your house. Missing you already! Hurry home with some new playmates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how lucky Ruslan is to get you guys as a family!! He's going to fit in great! I can't wiat to find out who boy #2 is!!!Have a safe and EXCITING trip. Take lots of pictures! I hope you got my packages for Olga and were able to take them along!!Sounds like your family will be taking Ukraine by storm!!!LOL!!! Bog Bless!!

    ReplyDelete